Barclay Crenshaw aka Claude VonStroke is a producer, DJ and label boss for top House music label, Dirtybird Records. As I said to Claude when I first reached out to him, Dirtybird Records is so inherently psychedelic. From the music, to the art, to the self-expression, to the outright permission for play, Dirtybird pushes the envelope and refuses to be boxed in — in true psychedelic fashion.
During this episode, we discuss the following topics:
- The journey of creating Dirtybird Records — one of the top House music labels.
- Discussion around Rave Culture and how Claude balanced the party scene as a touring DJ. Plus how DJing differs for him now that he’s sober from everything.
- Claude’s wild weekend in Ibiza. Hint: He ran through a forest and found Ricardo Villalobos DJing in a cave.
- Staying true to yourself as an artist — even if it’s not the most popular decision.
- Dirtybird Campout — when a music festival meets summer camp. Coming October 2022!
Guest Resources and Socials:
Claude’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vonstroke/
Dirtybird Campout Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dirtybirdcamp/
Dirtybird Campout Website: https://www.dirtybirdcampout.com/west/
Claude VonStroke Website: https://claudevonstroke.com/
Trip On This Social & Links:
Host Kat Walsh: http://www.instagram.com/lifewithkatwalsh